What is the Educational Opportunity Fund Program?
2020欧洲杯体育投注平台 The Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) Program is a comprehensive support program funded by the State of New Jersey that provides academic and financial assistance for qualifying New Jersey residents to attend college who come from backgrounds of economic and educational need who show academic promise and have the desire to succeed. The EOF program provides tutoring and counseling support services for all participants.
To provide supportive quality services and resources for New Jersey residents who enter college under disadvantaged circumstances by providing programs that assist students in their adjustment to functioning in a college-level learning environment while developing leadership and professional skills. The program is committed to motivating and encouraging students to pursue academic and professional excellence.
Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) is located at:
455 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
- To assist students in developing strategies to achieve academic success;
- To integrate students into the mainstream of co-curricular involvement and its benefits to personal and social growth;
- To foster a sense of unity and support for all students;
- To implement programs and activities that connect students to all areas of the Bloomfield College campus community;
- To take a holistic approach in addressing the needs of EOF students and developing strategies to address those needs;
- To prepare students to face new challenges with hope, optimism, and self-confidence.
2020欧洲杯体育投注平台 To be considered for the EOF program, a student must provide appropriate documentation and meet the eligibility guidelines listed below:
- Must submit a Bloomfield College Application, high school transcript and two letters of recommendation. SAT and/or ACT scores are optional.
- Must complete an EOF Application.
- Must meet the academic criteria set by the EOF Program.
- Must be a New Jersey resident 12 consecutive months prior to receiving the award.
- Must demonstrate an educationally and economically disadvantaged background.
- Must meet the gross income and asset guidelines established by the State of New Jersey. () and provide proof of historical poverty; a minimum of at least 2 years of financial documents.
- Must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available online at (Bloomfield College Federal School ID 002597). NJDreamers should complete the New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application at ..
- Must be interviewed by a member of the EOF team.
- Must complete an application for admission and submit official transcripts from each college or university previously attended.
- Must complete an EOF application.
- Must meet the gross income and asset guidelines established by the State of New Jersey. () and provide proof of historical poverty.
- Must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available online at (Bloomfield College Federal School ID 002597). NJDreamers should complete the New Jersey Alternative Financial Aid Application at .
- Must meet with an EOF team member.
The EOF Experience
2020欧洲杯体育投注平台 The EOF Experience consists of a collaboration of services, programs, and individuals dedicated to helping students at Bloomfield College become successful, engaged and well-oriented members of the campus community. Students will participate in the following features of the program:
- Five-week residential Pre-Freshmen Summer Program.
- Individual and group counseling (academic, personal, financial and career).
- Social and civic engagement activities including monthly group unity meetings.
- Career Development Based Programs (internships, job shadowing, mock interviewing etc.)
- Peer Mentoring programs to assist first year students.
- Legacy of Leaders celebration to celebrate the student leaders on campus.
- Pride Day celebration to recognize students’ academic achievements.
- Leadership Empowerment Series/Workshops.
- Individual and group professional tutors to help students become stronger academically.
- Motivational Student Support Program (MSSP) sessions to help students study in groups.
- Positive Academic Student Support (P.A.S.S) program to help students enhance their academic growth
2020欧洲杯体育投注平台The program has a limited number of spaces and is filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.